4 BEST ROBOTIC LAWN MOWERS TO BUY
You may enjoy the hobby of mowing your lawn but it can also be a little bit of a headache if you cannot find the time (or willpower) to start up the old pull-string mower. For those of us willing to part with a few bucks, there are now automatic lawn mowers that take the time and pain out of seasonal lawn maintenance. Robo-mowers would be able to learn your lawn, cut conveniently, silently, and on a schedule, you set powered by batteries.
1.WORX WR140 LANDROID M20V POWER SHARE ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER, ORANGE
Overall Rating: 5/5
The WR140 has the black-and-orange color scheme as its predecessor. It uses the same rotating deck design that helps it to travel without scalping your lawn over hills and slopes. A single front wheel, measuring 10 by 15 by 22 inches (HWD), weighing 21 pounds, has two 8-inch rear wheels.
An M 20V is powered by a rechargeable 20V/4.0Ah battery. The battery can be removed and used separately. Its brushless electric motors are quiet under the hood, with a maximum sound level of 63dB. They can be operated at night without disturbing others. The mower is also equipped with a 2.4GHz wifi radio that connects it to your home network.
The mower has a nine-button control panel with a 2.5-inch LCD, a wide red stop button that automatically stops the mower, a rain sensor, and an ACS (Anti-Collision System) slot. ACS ($249.99) is an optional accessory that uses ultrasonic detection to help the mower navigate through trees, outdoor furniture, and other obstacles.
On the LCD you can see the current time and date as well as indices of Wi-Fi signal strength and battery level, and you can see in real-time how much work has been completed. Make cutting schedules based on your lawn size, identify work zones, customize Wi-Fi settings, and configure rain pause settings using the buttons.
PROCESS OF USING CONTROL PANEL
- While this control panel is easy to use since you can adjust the settings from anywhere with your smartphone, the mobile version is more intuitive and comfortable. The mower image, its name, and the battery level are displayed on the home screen.
- RadiLink is a shortly-to-be-released wireless networking module that will expand the Wi-Fi capability of the mower, and Off Limits uses magnetic strips to establish no-mow zones without having to lay down perimeter wires.
- Pressing any of these buttons unlocks the function. This takes you to a screen where, in the case of Find My Landroid, you can configure a location around your lawn. You can see the mower’s position on a satellite map in real-time if it leaves the perimeter.
- You can see the status of the mower at the bottom of the home screen, such as Mowing, Charging, Home, and Error.
- You can stop and restart the mower using the buttons below the bar to return it to its charging base.
- Use the three-bar button in the upper left corner of the display to build plans, access the Lawn Size Calculator, establish several areas, select rain delay settings, and view activity records.
- Besides displaying usage statistics such as total distance covered, running time, and number of payments, you can also upgrade hardware, customize Wi-Fi settings, and enable/disable push notifications that inform you of the mower’s location, including when it returned home (to its base) when it is in a rain delay when it loads, and when it is stuck or has traveled outside the boundary.
SETTING UP THE PERIMETER WIRE
Installing the WR140 isn’t difficult, but it is time-consuming to lay the perimeter wire, which requires a bit of physical effort for most of the time spent on your hands and knees hammering stakes in the ground. I spent a few hours wiring my 1,950-square-foot lawn and securing the base station.
Worx provides detailed instructions for installation, which makes the process relatively straightforward. The mower was placed on the charging base and let it charge until the perimeter wire was installed and the charging base was charged.
DOWNLOAD MOBILE APP
Create an account, download the mobile app, and scan the QR code under the battery cover using the instructions provided in the app. Then, I scrolled down to Configure Wi-Fi using the mower’s control panel, opened SmartLink, and selected my home Wi-Fi SSID. Within 30 seconds, the mower was connected.
USING MOBILE APP
- Download the mobile app, create an account, and scan the QR code under the battery cover using the instructions in the app. By scrolling down to Configure Wi-Fi on the mower’s control panel, I started SmartLink and selected my home Wi-Fi SSID. After entering my password, the mower was connected within 30 seconds.
- If connected, click the button Find My Landroid in the request to install the module. An email firmware update was required. That’s important.
- In addition to downloading the update to the thumb drive of the FAT32, we followed the detailed instructions for turning off the mower, inserting the thumb drive into the USB slot, and waiting for the firmware update (about 20 seconds).
- Next, remove the cover module and connect the module data cable. The charging base of the mower was placed in the charging recess, the cover was removed, and the module was placed in the recess.
- After activating the mower in the app, you will get a notification that the SIM will need to update for approximately 30 minutes (you can continue to use the mower during the update). Five minutes later, however, I was informed by the software that the update had been completed and to protect the cover of the module with both screws.
It was a pleasure to test the Landroid M. The process was straightforward, taking under three hours to complete. It was created based on the size of my lawn with the calculator. By setting the blade height to the lowest position, I kept my lawn tidy and well-trimmed. I had no trouble trimming the edges of my lawn with the cut-to-edge feature, and the blades did an excellent job of cutting the grass clippings into thin plates.
It delayed the scheduled period after the rainstorm after three hours (the time I set to delay the rain after the rainstorm). When the mower charged, it went to its base, cut the border, and when it was raining, I received push notifications. In one part of my lawn where the wire was too close to the driveway, I also received warnings when it stepped outside the wired perimeter. I checked my Landroid GPS radio by placing the mower in the truck and driving a few blocks away. Once I moved the cable, the mower never drifted again. My truck’s enclosed bed showed the exact location of the mower’s road when it was tucked up in the bed.
Pros and Cons of WORX WR140 LANDROID M20V POWER SHARE ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER
2.WORX WR150 Landroid L 20V Power Share Robotic Lawn Mower
Overall Rating: 4.6/5
My jaw dropped when I saw the performance of the robotic lawn mower Worx Landroid L. You can install it in the morning or afternoon and pay a fraction of the price compared to entry-level models from Husqvarna and Stihl. They are suitable for lawns of 1/4 or 1/2 acres. They require a moderate level of technical skill to install and service. With a little creativity, you can find a way around your mobile pretty easily.
At the entry-level most robotic mowers do not have GPS but Worx has it. It does not help map the most efficient design but it helps monitor where the mower is. Here are a few highlights:
- One year of cellular service.
- Provides real-time alerts and status updates.
- Notifies you if the mower leaves the lawn.
- When the mower has been stolen it can be remotely locked.
FRIENDLY NARROW CORRIDOR
You can do it if your mower has to go through a narrow area. The mower follows the boundary wire as you decide how far to mow areas based on how far you are from the charge. The mower will mow around your small gate.
- WR150 Worx model.
- Worx 20V battery (including 4.0Ah)
- The charging time is 90 minutes
- Cutting area: 1.5 acres
- The range of heights is 1.6″ to 3.9″
- Noise level: 63 dB.
- Weight: 22.9 lbs
- Dimensions: 25″x17.5″x8.86″ x 8.86″
- Warranty: 3 years
Pros and Cons of WORX WR150 Landroid L 20V Power Share Robotic Lawn Mower
- Reasonable price compared with Husqvarna and Stihl.
- As soon as the wiring is configured, set it and forget it.
- When it is time (use the exact same battery for Worx 20V), 20 V energy is clearly replaceable.
- Find My Landroid GPS has 1-year cellular coverage.
- Specially designed anti-collision, wireless fencing, and garage accessories are available.
3.HUSQVARNA AUTOMOWER 115H ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER, 115H-MOWS UP TO 0.4 ACRES, GRAY
Overall Rating: 4.2/5
Husqvarna’s Auto mower 115H is an outstanding entry-level robotic mower that does its finest work on simple lawns up to 0.4 acres. A GPS or multi-guide wire model will be more effective if you have a lot of obstacles. With installation included in the price of this model and a sturdy build, it’s the most suitable choice for testing robot mower streams. Robotic lawnmowers are becoming increasingly popular in the U.S., and one out of four lawnmowers in Europe are automated. Husqvarna’s product line is one of the most advanced and deepest available.
- The 115H uses a single guide cable, which has some restrictions. If possible, mount the guidewire as long as possible around the side of your building. Upgraded models have two or three guide wires you can run from your yard in various directions.
- In the installation process, you will have the option of setting up three mowing zones. Just the gap between the mower’s charging station and the guidewire before mowing.
- It is based on a bounce algorithm since the 115H does not have GPS mapping. Narrow corridors are difficult for the mower to navigate. A guidewire can help, but not always.
When the mower works, it makes a slight buzzing noise as it slices through the grass. This is what you want to hear. It is impossible for a lawn mower to cut the lawn if the grass is too thick and it does not have a deck and suction to sweat up the grass.
Cutting swaths do not cover the entire width of the mower and are positioned several inches away from the blades for protection. One of the reasons you still need to trim your borders with a string trimmer is this. A 115H will roll over small sticks, leaves, and mulch without collecting them or dulling the blades. The soft landscaping borders can be closed to cut more grass close to the border. When the battery falls below 20%, the mower searches the guidewire and finds its way back to the charger.
Pros and Cons of HUSQVARNA AUTOMOWER 115H ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER
4.HUSQVARNA AUTOMOWER 315X ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER
Overall Rating: 4/5
A Swedish company, Husqvarna sells a variety of robot lawn mowers for yards of all shapes and sizes. Reviewing this high-end, feature-packed model, we got our hands on the Automower 315X. With the 315X, you can use your phone to start and stop the mower, track its progress, create schedules, and see where it has been on the map. User-friendly programming, excellent cutting performance.
- The patented guidewire, as well as the border wire, is available for all Husqvarna models (and others by Husqvarna, Flymo, and Gardena) to guide the mower back to the docking station when it has finished mowing or needs to be reloaded. You can use it to mow difficult-shaped lawns more effectively.
- It has LED headlights that flash if there is a failure and a spiral cutting option that is perfect for cutting lusher clumps, faster growth, such as under trampolines.
- In addition to a three-sensitivity timer that adjusts tearing according to grass growth rate, improves cut-down during strong growth, and reduces it in hot and dry weather, the system also includes a PIN code, an alarm, a warning sticker, and GPS tracking.
- The replacement blade and accessories come with rough terrain wheels, top covers, a docking station housing, and a wall hanger.
- Despite the fact that you can install the mower yourself, laying the boundary and guidewire can be a challenging process. Therefore it’s worth contacting a local Husqvarna dealer about assembly costs.
- The extra charge is based on the complexity of your field, though the dealer will evaluate the lawn shape, all hazards, such as trees and flower beds, and then use a wire to bury the boundary and guide wires around and behind the yard.
- In general, it takes time depending on the size of the lawn, but it is extremely fast with the cable layer.
EASY TO PROGRAMME
You can set up the Automower keyboard on your phone using an app, so you don’t have to stand at the keypad all the time. It is compatible with Alexa and Google Home. Therefore, basic commands like start, stop, and the park can all be operated by voice. This will enable you to receive alerts and follow your mower if it is unstable. The height of the cut often can be adjusted by simply twisting the top of the mower.
- Lithium-ion battery-powered.
- The battery takes 45 minutes to charge.
- Battery life of 60 minutes.
- Cutting 20-60 heights.
- Nine height changes in total.
- Breadth of the cut is 22 cm.
- Size of lawn: 1,600 m2.
- Yes, mulching is possible.
- Intelligent compatibility is a yes.
- Noise level of 60dB.
- Weight: 10.1kg.
- No 3-Year Promise.
- Function Notes: Guarantee 3 years of technical support, otherwise 2 years.